Saturday, March 13, 2010

Day Eight Part II: Happy Mardi Gras!!!

Mardi Gras is one of Sydney's most spectacular annual events. It is a night of outrageous costumes, great music, and party for everyone!! It is time where people from all over the world gather in one place to celebrate and recognize our diverse gay and lesbian community. It really is an eye-opening event. There were people lining on both sides of the street trying to get a sweet spot to view the parade. At first, my friends and I were about 2-3 people deep, but luckily we managed to be just one person deep. I got a pretty good view. All in all I have a great time, and am really glad that there are a significant amount of people and organizations out there supporting our gay and lesbian community.

These pictures are from my housemate Shamika. Thank you!
"Queens beat a straight"The parade went on for more than 2 hours. I couldn't get any decent picture with my camera (totally need a new one!)
This one is from the website www.mardigras.org.au. We saw a lot these colorful, flamboyant costumes that night.

Yup!! My first Mardi Gras =)

No comments:

Post a Comment