Thursday, March 4, 2010

Day Four: The Cruise

We had a bit of a break in the morning. I wondered around Sydney CBD. Here are some random pictures of the CBD over the pass four days.

The World Tower Square Mall
There are a ton of Japanese stores here...especially sushi houses and usually they are like sushi trains that goes around the counter and people just pick what plate they want right off the train. But this store here is amazing..everything in it I WANT! I has origami papers, tea and tea sets, toys, chopsticks, and kimi dolls (google it if you don't know). I LOVE the kimi dolls...I am dying to get them!!!
Me next to a costume display for Mardi Gras. Mardi Gras here is an huge week long event!!
A street band!! They played almost every night at the same spot right outside my hotel. They even played Viva La Vida by Coldplay. Love it love it love it!! You can see lots of musician playing in the streets here...flute, violin, pan flute..anything really.
Had a dinner with my roommate at a Thai restaurant, called Thai Foon, by the Darling Harbour. This picture is taken on the open balcony of the restaurant. And I ordered pineapple fried rice and corn fritter. Both delicious!
Ok!! Now comes the Cruise. Our orientation leaders arranged us a night on the cruise around Darling Harbour. The ship hold 400 people. There were people on there wanting a romantic night but I wonder how that would feel with 80 of us, twenty-year-old and coming to Sydney for the first time, on the ship as well. Heh heh....ooopsy =P

We all dressed up a little and had a little champagne. I didn't like the champagne very much but nonetheless I took a few sips. (Yikes!!! My tan line!!!)
Overlooking the water~~ enjoying the breeze and seagulls =)
The Sydney Harbour Bridge.
The cruise took us over to the Opera House. Overall the cruise is just relaxing. The breeze was very refreshing and just "unfelt" before (if you are from Des Moines, you know why).
We had a 3-course dinner. Dinner rolls with olive oil and vinegar, then a grilled salmon main course, and an assortment of chocolaty dessert.
Salmon....absolutely tender and juice! The best I have ever had.

No comments:

Post a Comment