Friday, March 12, 2010

Day Eight: Table!!!!

Since my "dorm" is a hotel, it doesn't provide us a studying table in our rooms. Although we do have a large dinning table but still I need a table in my room so I have some privacy and a workable environment.

If you have noticed, I have jumped from day five to day eight. I was arranging my room for some time, and for the most part, I was looking for a table....a folding, square, working table. I have looked in every store that are within three blocks of my apartment. I looked everywhere and I couldn't find a table. For three days, (THREE DAYS!!!!!), and I am still unable to find one. Sometimes I wonder do Sydney people not use a table???!!!!

Finally I heard people say there is a K-Mart here (I know right, K-Mart), not what I would prefer, but it is better than nothing. So I basically asked people along the way and finally found it in the basement of another mall next to my apartment. THEY GOT TABLE!!!!!!!!! I have never been happier in my life than at that moment!!! I was basically smiling all over and giggling in the aisle. I was THAT excited.

When I go to pay for it, it suddenly occurred to me that I don't have a car and how am I suppose to carry this home?!!! (ahhh how I miss my car!). The table was $20 (super cheap considering a bottle of Pantene shampoo costs $18).

Then I asked the cashier, "do you guys do delivery?"

"yes we do, but it is $30."

"okay, I will get that."

"you want to pay $30 for delivery for a table that costs $20?"

"yeah, because there is no way I can carry this home."

"that is very strange."

..............................what the heck was that??!!! I was quite offended by her statement "that is very strange". I was thinking, of course internally, that why would she think it is strange when I am willing to pay for it, and she can just do her business. And after all, isn't that the reason why they provide delivery service is for customers to utilize it??!!!!

Anyway, she rang up for me and just out of my curiosity, I asked her "can I get the table today?" She said, "no, delivery is only from Monday to Friday". I was like whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?! So I canceled the delivery and had to carried the table back....3 blocks under extreme sun!

Anyway, here is the table....
phew~~~~~only if I have my car...

2 comments:

  1. hahahaha.... save $30 and build some muscles!! wahahaha.... gained some yet? =p

    ReplyDelete
  2. sigh...I was aching the next day okay..man!! I think i did gain some though =PPP

    ReplyDelete