Friday, March 5, 2010

Day Five: Moving In

Finally I get to see my "dorm"...

I am living at a service apartment in Bondi Junction. Service apartment is quite popular here. It is an apartment, so you have a kitchen, living room with couches and tv, and washer and dryer, but the difference is that there are hotel services. There will be people here each week to vacuum, and replenish supplies, and wash linens. There are also a mini gym and tennis courts. It really isn't a place for studying :D

Bondi Junction is a suburb of Sydney. The first thing I noticed is there is less of a tourism feel to this area than the downtown. Less people, less cars, less restaurants. BUT! Right across from my apartment is Australia's second largest mall. YES!!!! The clothing stores, oh my! OH MY!!!! THEY ARE SO SO SO ATTRACTIVE. Of course they aren't the typical American stores. I have been holding myself, but pretty sure one of these days I am going to explode. XD

My grocery stores are also in that mall...but stuff here are expensive, especially if you buy in the supermarket. Luckily there are open air markets here just one street down from my place. There are all kinds of vendors...fruit, vegetable, nutty snacks, jewelry, flowers, clothing, and of course food (mamak type ooh~~). I am regular customer to this fruit vendor, always have good prices and fresh fruits. Oh yeah, elders here call you darling rather than honey=).

Another good thing about this place is that there is the transportation station on the base floor of my apartment. You can take buses and trains right there. And and and, it is the final destination meaning if i fell asleep on the bus, there will be for sure people to kick me down when I am home...so no worries, I will never miss my stop =)

Anyway, here is my roommate
She is from Dakota, one of the few that is from the Midwest. I also live with four other girls, but I don't have a group picture yet.

The sun is out, I think I am hitting the beach....another fantastic attraction of Bondi Junction =)

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment